Certified translations

At UniTranslate, you get a notarial certification for free! We look forward to your order!

When do you need a certified translation?

You need a certified translation if the document is used for an official purpose.

When do you need a certified translation with Apostille?

A certified translation with Apostille is only required if the relevant office demands it clearly. An apostille proves that the signature in the attestation matches the signature of the manager of our office.

When is a translation certified?

The translation must be carried out by a recognized translation agency such as UniTranslate and subsequently notarized.

What do I have to do so that I can receive a certified and valid translation from UniTranslate?


Step 1: Clarify with the Swiss authorities what kind of certification is needed. In most cases, notarization is sufficient.

Step 2: Scan your documents and send them to info@unitranslate.ch with the remark that you need a certified translation.

Step 3: You will receive the documents on a pre-determined date.

Which documents are required to be certified?

UniTranslate often certifies the following documents:

  • Diplomas

  • Birth certificates

  • Marriage certificates

  • Curriculum vitae, references

  • Divorce certificates

  • Papers for immigration

  • Passports, visa certificates

  • Patents, patent specification

  • School and training certificates

  • Contracts, extract from the commercial register

  • certificate of residence